Greenvision Technologies Pvt Ltd – manufacturer of Relicell, hereinafter called the “Company”, warrants Relicell batteries to be free from defects in materials and workmanship under normal use and service and under normal operating conditions as per the detailed terms and conditions outlined in this policy. Its obligation under this warranty is limited to repairing or replacing, at its sole discretion, such defective products. All liability under this warranty will cease on the expiration of the warranty period.
- Warranty is against manufacturing defects only.
- Warranty is for “specified period” from date of sale from the “Company” / from the “Authorized National Distributor”, OR from date of installation at site of original end customer, whichever is earlier. Warranty is restricted and conditional for use under certain applications. Refer Annexure I for details of warranty period and approved applications for battery usage.
- For determining whether warranty is applicable, the End Customer / Channel Partner /OEM has to produce the copy of the purchase invoice from the Company/National Distributor with the serial number mentioned on the invoice. In the absence of a proof of purchase, warranty will be determined from the product serial number.
- End customers / Channel Partners / OEM’s are advised to log in a service request with Company on +91 9535566442 or email to firstname.lastname@example.org. The call will be attended to within the defined response & resolution norms given in ANNEXURE II. Warranty replacement will be given once the Company technician has inspected the customer site and ascertained the cause of failure. The channel partner / OEM may offer standby batteries if required, but the defective batteries should be kept at site to enable the technician to carry out tests properly.
- With regard to claims the Company’s decision is final and binding. The right to determine whether or not a battery needs recharge or replacement rests with the Company.
- In case the battery is replaced, the defective battery will become the property of the Company and no scrap rebate will be given for it. The warranty period on the battery being replaced shall commence from the date of sale of the original battery and not from the day it was replaced.
- Adjudication and settlement of the claim is a time bound process since the battery has to be tested for the reported failure. Replacements against warranty claims will be provided as per the timeframes defined in Annexure II. The dispatch of batteries would be done from nearest company location where the replacement battery is available and through reputed courier companies, and timeframe for resolution is based on estimated shipment times. Any delay in shipment due to reasons beyond the control of the company will not constitute any breach of commitment on resolution times.
- In case a battery model is phased out, the company reserves the right to provide any other model of the same capacity suited to the application as settlement of warranty.
- It Is explicitly understood that the company will not be liable or responsible for any mishap or accident involving it’s battery/ batteries and /or resulting in any hurt or Injury to any person(s) as well as for any damage or loss of any kind, whatsoever. No claim or liability on these accounts will be admitted or entertained under any circumstances.
- Routine maintenance of Flooded Batteries are not in scope of warranty or support from the company. The purchaser of the battery is required to understand the maintenance requirements from where they’re purchasing the battery, and accordingly adhere to the same, failing which warranty will be void.
- Charging of discharged batteries at customer site by company technician is not in scope of warranty.
- Any service or support beyond the scope of warranty will be provided on a “best effort” basis at a cost.
- In case of any assistance, customers are requested to contact the company service center / write to email@example.com.
- Customers are deemed to have read, understood and agreed to these conditions at the time of purchase.
|SL.NO||TYPE||AH||BATTERY MODEL||UPS||Solar (other than Streetlights)||Solar streetlights||Inverter||Type of warranty|
|1||AGM VRLA||5 TO 12 AH||SSP SERIES, SSP 12-5 to SSP12-12||12 M||12 M||NIL||NIL||Carry In|
|2||AGM VRLA||18 to 22 AH||SSP SERIES, SSP 12-18 to SSP 12-22||12 M||12 M||NIL||NIL||On site|
|3||AGM VRLA||26 TO 240 AH||SSP SERIES, SSP 12-26 to SSP 12 -240||24 M||12 M||NIL||NIL||On site|
|4||GEL VRLA||5AH TO 8 AH||SOLAR GEL SG 12-5, SG 12-8||24 M||24 M||NIL||NIL||Carry In|
|5||GEL VRLA||15 TO 20 AH||SOLAR GEL SG 12-15, SG 12-20||24 M||24 M||NIL||NIL||On site|
|6||GEL VRLA||22 TO 200 AH||SOLAR GEL SG 12-22 to SG 12-200||24 M||36 M||12 M||NIL||On site|
|7||TUBULAR GEL VRLA||75 TO 180 AH||TUBULAR GEL SGT 12-75 to SGT 12-180||24 M||60 M||12 M||NIL||On site|
|8||SHORT TUBULAR||40 TO 100 AH||FLOODED TUBULAR REL 40SLT to REL100SLT||24 M||24 M||24 M||24 M||On site|
|9||TALL TUBULAR||100 TO 200 AH||FLOODED TUBULAR REL 100SLTT to REL200SLTT||36 M||60 M||36 M||36 M||On site|
|10||SHORT TUBULAR||100 TO 150 AH||REL 100T to REL 150T||24 F +12 P||24 F +12 P||24 M||24 F +12 P||On site|
|11||TALL TUBULAR||100 TO 200 AH||REL100XLTT to REL 200XLTT||36 F +12 P||36 F +12 P||24 M||36 F +12 P||On site|
|*Carry in warranty – Customer has to bring the battery to nearest Relicell service centre. Addresses of service centers listed on www.relicellbattery.com *Onsite warranty is restricted in states of Jammu & Kashmir, Himachal Pradesh, Arunachal Pradesh, Sikkim, Nagaland, Manipur, Mizoram, Tripura, Andaman & Nicobar Islands & Lakshadweep. Please check restricted location list before purchase. Glossary*24 M = 24 Months. “M” = Month*24 F + 12 P = 24 Months Full warranty + 12 Months pro rata warranty*Pro rata warranty = Customer can exchange defective battery for a new battery of the same or equivalent model at 30% discount on MRP, through Relicell Authorized Channel Partners. Old battery will be retained by Channel Partner. New battery will carry fresh warranty as applicable on the specific model.|
|Relicell Service Center + 30 km radius||AM / PM||Within 3 working days|
|30 – 100 km radius of Relicell service center||Within 1 working day||Within 4 working days|
|100 – 200 km radius of Relicell service center||Within 2 working days||Within 7 working days|
|Beyond 200 km of Relicell Service center||Within 3 working days||Within 7 working days or time taken by courier to reach the replacement unit, whichever is later.|
AGM VRLA Batteries
UPS, Emergency lighting, DC power supply, Telecom power supply, Weighing machines, Medical equipment, Network communications equipment, Power station systems
Standard warranties of 12 to 24 months depending on the model
AGM VRLA Batteries
Solar LED lanterns, Solar street lights, Solar lighting systems
3 months to 1 year depending on application. Please check with company prior to purchase
GEL VRLA Batteries
Solar lighting, Solar street lights, Golf carts, Marine boats, UPS, Emergency lighting, DC power supply, Telecom power supply, Weighing machines, Medical equipment, Network communications equipment, Power station systems
Standard warranties of 36 months
GEL VRLA Batteries
Home & Industrial Inverters
Standard warranties of 24 months
If the replacement is not done as per the committed timeframe, follow the escalation matrix given below.
Level 1: Relicell Service Coordinator. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
In case of no resolution in further 24 hours go to Level 2: Manager – Quality. Mr. Murugan. Email: email@example.com
In case of no resolution in further 24 hours go to Level 3: Director Mr. Biju Bruno. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Operating temperature range of -15 to +50 degree Celsius. Recommended normal operating temperature is between 15 – 30 degree Celsius. High temperature will reduce battery life dramatically. A ten-degree rise in temperature will reduce battery life by half for VRLA sealed maintenance free batteries.
- Relative Humidity less than 90%
- Ensure adequate ventilation where the batteries are fitted.
- Avoid direct sunshine
- Keep far from fire and heat
- Keep far from chemical reagent or solvent
- Keep battery clean and dry.
- There’s no free electrolyte present in the VRLA maintenance free battery to affect the customer during handling. However acid can leak due to container crack or damage. Flooded batteries have free acid, and will spill if not handled carefully. If exposed to acid, do the following.
- Drops of acid on clothing: Treat with soap and water. Rinse it with large quantity of water before drying it.
- Drops of acid in eyes: Rinse continuously for about 5 minutes in clean running water and then immediately consult a doctor.
- Batteries should not be kept in air tight enclosures / closed units / systems which does not have ventilation. Adequate ventilation should be provided.
- For Aquasafe batteries, do not fill up electrolyte right up to the brim of battery container. The electrolyte should be at least 15 mm below the container cover. This is very important, if there’s no free space between electrolyte and container cover, excessive pressure can build up within battery container if there’s sustained overcharge or charger malfunction.
- Recommended float voltage is 2.25V-2.30 V per cell OR 13.5-13.8 V per 12V battery module. Maximum float charging voltage should not exceed 2.3 V per cell OR 13.8V per 12V battery at 27 degree Celsius. Recommended Boost Voltage is 2.37V -2.42V per cell OR 14.2V-14.5V per 12V battery at 27 degree Celsius. For every degree Celsius change in temperature the float voltage should be adjusted by 0.003V per cell or 0.018V per 12V battery. Even a miniscule increase in charging voltage leads to overcharge resulting in inherent water loss in the battery leading to loss of life and performance.
- Charging current should be maximum 20% of C20 capacity. i.e. for a 100AH battery maximum charging current should be 20 Amps. As regards minimum charging current, batteries need minimum of 10% of their capacity as charge current in order to achieve 100% charge within the recharge time specified by manufacturers. A lower charging current does not affect battery life, but if the power outages are frequent and the battery does not reach full charge, it leads to reduction of battery life. On the other hand higher charging current beyond 20% results in faster charging but again affects battery life. It’s very important that charging current is between 10 to 20% of battery capacity to obtain maximum battery life
- Discharge current should be between 0.5 ~ 3 C20
- A normal AGM VRLA battery has a life of 250 cycles of charge/discharge cycles at 90% depth of discharge at normal operating temperature of 25 – 27 degree Celsius. Lower depths of discharge will result in longer cycle life. Please refer to the individual battery technical specifications for exact data. Correct sizing of the battery depending on load and backup time requirement will result in optimal life and performance
- Discharge end voltage should be more than or equal to 1.75V per cell or 10.5V for a 12V battery i.e the battery should not be discharged below 1.75V per cell or 10.5V per battery. For high rate discharges from 1C to 3C the end voltage can be reduced up to 1.6V per cell or 9.6V per battery. Refer the battery technical specification table for exact values.
- After a discharge, charge the batteries immediately within 24 hours to prevent sulphation of the plates and / or hydration shorts.
- Check individual battery voltages and ensure open circuit voltage (OCV) is above 2.13V per cell or 12.8V per battery and all cells / batteries being installed in a string are within +/- 0.03V for 2V cells & within +/- 0.18V for 12V batteries. If the cell or battery voltages vary beyond this, then the cell / battery voltages have to be equalized. Failure to do so will lead to early failures.
- Connect batteries in such a way that OCV’s are in descending order from the positive terminal of the UPS i.e. If the battery voltages in a 4 battery system are 12.81V, 12.83V, 12.84V & 12.81V then batteries should be connected in the following order from the positive terminal of the UPS, 12.84V, 12.83V, 12.81V, 12.81V.
- Connect the right terminal, choose the appropriate cable, and install the connectors firmly. Use a torque wrench and terminal protection to avoid short circuit.
- Ensure batteries are placed on a rack insulated from the ground. Use rubber or wooden strips under the rack legs. If batteries are placed on the ground directly, ensure it’s placed on a rubber mat or wooden slab or any insulated material to prevent grounding.
- Use battery in a good ventilated room / location
- Check for proper torque at terminal bolt connections. Use a torque wrench wherever possible. If not, ensure the bolts are not loose, at the same time not over tightened.
- For Relicell Aquasafe batteries, the recombination will work only if the Aquasafe vent plugs are installed. Do not over tighten the plugs during installation.
- It is the responsibility of the user to ensure that used batteries are properly disposed by returning them to the dealer / manufacturer / authorized battery recycler.
- Do not discard the battery in trash or give away or sell to an unauthorized person.
- Please note the violations of these guidelines may lead to legal action / prosecution by the government authorities.
- Battery should be stocked in temperature ideally between 10 – 30 degree Celsius and the storage area should be well ventilated.
- Avoid direct sunshine and keep far away from heat sources, chemical reagents or other solvents
- Recharge the battery once every 3 months if kept in stock. Charging current of 0.15C20A and a boost charge voltage of 2.45V/cell for a period of 5 – 8 hours.
For standby use (Trickle charge or float charge )
For cyclic use